Independent Contractor: 10-15 hours/month
The Bookkeeper is a contract position with Colorado Music Hall of Fame, a nonprofit organization founded in 2011 whose mission is to celebrate, support and promote Colorado’s music community.
- Maintains records of financial transactions using QuickBooks Online; conducts monthly reconciliations of bank accounts (two), credit card account (one); balances general ledger for Operating Accounts; prepares monthly and annual financial reports; assists in preparation of annual budget and cash flow projection reports; provides invoices, when requested
- Processes monthly payroll (one-two employees) through PayChex; maintains accurate records of quarterly and yearly payroll returns. Checks preparation of federal and state quarterly reports (FICA, federal and state withholding) and unemployment quarterly reports and payments. Processes employee expense reports and tracks PTO.
- Prepares/compiles documents and reports for fiscal year-end (12/31) for CPA’s financial review/IRS 990
- Prepares reports for and tracks payments to Hall of Fame’s 401k plan
- Calculates and oversees payments of federal, state and local taxes required
- Files business and charitable updates with Secretary of State
- Stays abreast of changes in nonprofit accounting practices and regulations and complies with federal, state and local requirements
- Minimum of 3 years bookkeeping experience
- Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks required; experience with QuickBooks Online for Nonprofits preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (nonprofit accounting experience a plus)
- Familiar with GAAP and FASBE standards of practice
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Is an independent, self-starter, problem-solver and critical thinker
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Must have computer and office (home ok) to conduct contract work
Contractual position, flexible hours (though must have availability during normal business hours), approximately 10-15 hours per month. Pay range: $30-$40/hour DOE.
.How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Bookkeeper.
Position available immediately and open until filled.